The Sulets Moving Out Survey is sent every year to tenants when they leave their student housing. It provides useful benchmarking that allows us to make year on year comparisons and to gauge where we have improved our service and where we need to do better.
Every year the questions focus on the same areas so we can accurately make year on year comparisons. These allow us to understand what is important to student tenants and where they feel we can do better.
The topics covered in the survey include all the key areas of the tenant’s interaction with Sulets – the booking process, the price of rent, the speed of repairs, property cleaning and much more.
Highlights from 2021 Survey
- 94% of tenants would recommend Sulets to other students, this is up from 88% the previous year. Impressive considering these tenants where at uni during multiple lockdowns due to the pandemic.
- 87% of tenants felt that their weekly rent provided good value for money. We will be keeping a close eye on the marketplace in the coming year and assessing feedback from tenants to ensure our rents are competitively priced.
- Property condition & cleanliness is important when first moving in. We work hard with landlords to ensure houses are well maintained and clean. 83% of respondants were happy with the overall condition of their house when moving in.
- 8 out of 10 of our houses had some form of repair or maintenance during the tenancy. The responses showed that 80% of tenants thought that the work was completed in an acceptable and/or timely manner.
- The process from viewing, though to booking and signing their agreement was seen as straight forward and easy to understand, with 98% of respondents agreeing or strongly agreeing with that statement.
We use the survey results to continually improve our services for both students and landlords. We would like to say thank you to all the tenants who took part this year. You can read more feedback from both students & landlords on our Trustpilot page.
Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash