Welcome to Sulets
We are a not for profit accommodation agency. Your Student Union was one of our founding members. Our mission is to provide better student accommodation at a fair price. Finding accommodation that is right for you is an important part of your University experience, we are here to help you with that choice.
Sulets is uniquely placed to help students with accommodation advice and guidance during their time at University. Our professional, qualified staff are available to assist with all the elements of property choice – what to look for, what to do about council tax, how to budget and to stay safe. We are also here to accompany you on viewings and help you to book the right accommodation for your time in Leicester.
We work closely with landlords to ensure that the high quality properties we offer are safe and secure. We carry out regular inspections and we are available to deal with any necessary repairs and maintenance.
Our close relationships with the Student Unions at both Leicester universities means that you can and talk to us about any issues or queries. We are happy to help.
Our Mission is:
To raise standards in accommodation for the students of Leicester. To be honest, transparent and fair in our actions and to enhance the student experience.
Our values are:
To raise standards in student housing in Leicester
- We require higher standards for the properties we take on to our service (or a commitment to improve)
- We operate a code of standards to improve the quality and safety our houses
- We invest in systems and staff training to ensure up-to-date knowledge and regulatory compliance
To be transparent & fair
- We provide information up front to clearly inform our customers of our terms and conditions
- We are clear on costs with no hidden charges
- Tenant friendly deposits! (we do not retain a penny more from your deposit than is absolutely necessary)
- The charity has open and transparent governance with representatives from both Universities and the Student Unions on our Board
- We are a non-for-profit company – any surplus is re-invested in the company or the student experience
- We survey, and act on feedback from, our tenants
- We treat landlords fairly and balance the needs of our tenants with the needs of our landlords
To offer value for money
- We operate a range of price points across our portfolio
- We actively seek to influence the price of accommodation with landlords on our HMO and PBSA properties
- We do not charge a summer retainer in our houses
- We don’t charge tenant holding fees
To be student friendly
- We respect our tenants
- We have deep embedded links with the two Universities and our member Students’ Unions
- We have Student Executives on our Board to ensure that student views are represented
- We have excellent links with support services, e.g., Welfare Departments
- We do not use high pressure sales tactics
- We provide safe, supportive housing
- We provide a range of unbiased advice guides on our website written by independent student advisers
- We operate a 24hr emergency support service for our houses