Our Mission is:
To raise standards in accommodation for the students of Leicester. To be honest, transparent and fair in our actions and to enhance the student experience.
Our values are:
To raise standards in student housing In Leicester
- We require higher standards for the properties we take on to our service (or a commitment to improve).
- We operate a code of standards to improve the quality and safety of our houses.
- We invest in systems and staff training to ensure up-to-date knowledge and regulatory compliance
To be transparent & fair
- We provide information up front to clearly inform our customers of our terms and conditions
- We are clear on costs with no hidden charges
- Tenant friendly deposits! (we do not retain a penny more from your deposit than is absolutely necessary)
- We have open and transparent governance with representatives from both Universities and the Student Unions on our Board
- We are a non-for-profit company – any surplus is re-invested in the company or the student experience
- We survey, and act on feedback from, our tenants
- We treat landlords fairly and balance the needs of our tenants with the needs of our landlords.
To offer value for money
- We operate a range of price points across our portfolio.
- We actively seek to influence the price of accommodation with landlords on our HMO and PBSA properties.
- We do not charge a summer retainer in our houses
To be student friendly
- We respect our tenants
- We have deep embedded links with the two Universities and our member Students’ Unions
- We have Student Executives on our Board to ensure that student views are represented
- We have excellent links with support services, e.g., Welfare Departments
- We do not use high pressure sales tactics
- We provide safe, supportive housing.
- We provide a dedicated student advice and mental health support line
- We provide a range of unbiased advice guides on our website written by independent student advisers.
- We operate a 24hr emergency support service for our houses
The Sulets Annual Report
As part of our commitment to transparency and clear communication with our stakeholders we produce an Annual Report that summarises our activities for each operational year. You can download PDF copies below.