Here is an overview of the maintenance and repairs for landlords depending on level of service
Below is our guide to repairs for landlords. If you can’t find what you are looking for, please visit our office or give us a call for more information.
Repairs for each service:
Premium and Fully Managed Service – Landlord pays for repairs. We will hold a £300 float per property to cover minor repairs.
Repairs that we will arrange to be carried out:
Minor Decorating: Touch ups to walls/woodwork; Emulsion only full walls; Reattaching wallpaper; Treating and redecorating following mould damage.
Minor Heating Repairs: Small repairs to the boiler and heating system; replacement parts, bleeding radiators, topping up pressure; Replacing Thermostatic Radiator Valves (TRVs).
Plumbing Works: Leaking taps; leaking sinks; Resealing showers, baths, basins; Unblocking basins, sinks and toilets; shower head and hose replacements.
Minor Electrical Works: Replacing light bulbs, tube lights, electrical sockets, light pendants; Investigation if RCD is tripped; renew microwaves and hobs to our specification.
Minor Joinery Works: Repair/replace loose or broken door furniture; Repairs to any furniture that can be fixed; Attaching/replacing curtain rails; Making good damaged doors and frames; Fencing repairs; Renewing Double Glazed Units (not the full window frame); Repairs to floorboards; Fitting/renewing door threshold pieces; replacing internal doors.
Other Minor Repairs: Gutter cleaning and repairs; Repairs to loose carpets on stairs; Repairs to frayed carpet edges. Repairs to white goods if Landlord agrees. We will always check with first in case you would rather replace the appliance.
All certificates that are due throughout the tenancy length. (Properties must have valid certification when taken on by Sulets. Sulet’s liability for certification will commence once the property is rented).
Repairs that we will expect Property Owner to carry out within our specified timescale:
- Boiler or central heating replacements
- Major painting and decorating: e.g. Full House, External House
- Replacement of furniture (to our specification?)
- Replacement Flooring: e.g. carpets and vinyl
- Replacement windows and external doors.
- Roofing repairs and replacements
- Replacement of appliances: Ovens, Televisions, Fridges.
- Attending to damp issues: e.g. Renewing Damp Course (DPC), renewing joists.
- Major Electrical Works: Rewires, consumer unit replacement, major electrical works. (Anything that will trigger the 17th Edition)
- Major Plumbing Works: Bathroom refit, shower replacement, toilet replacement.
- Major Drainage Works: Works to external drains.